Speedboat Departure location
Step by step explanation from the moment you leave the airplane
STEP 1: Landing of your international flight at Velana international airport.
STEP 2: Choose your transport to Male’. The capital and the airport are 2 different islands, connected by bridge. You can get to Male’ by:
- Taxi: Last known price to us: MVR 60 (<$4) for the ride
- Public ferry: Last known price to us: MVR 10 (<$1) per person
NOTE! It is possible that the prices slightly increase over time. Unless there is a massive difference in price, it is uncommon (in Maldivian culture) to bargain.
STEP 3: If there is time left to spend in Male’. If there is not, proceed to ‘STEP 4’
1. It will be possible for you to drop your luggage at the speedboat if it is around Jetty number 1. If it is not, but past 9AM (9:00h), it will be refueling for the trip and return to this location within 1 hour, wait this time out.
- Locate the boat with FollowMe Vessel Tracker
- Mention to the boat crew you will be staying at Bliss
- They will take care of storing your luggage.
NOTE: Big bags will go below deck. You will not have access to them until your arrival on Dhigurah. Take out the items you like to have quick access to during your trip.
2. We can give you some recommendations on where to go and what to do. Take a look at some highlights on our Male’ map and ask us for more details!
STEP 4: Locate “Endheri 2” with the FollowMe Vessel Tracker.
Make sure to arrive at the speedboat 30 minutes before the departure time. In normal circumstances, the departure time is 4PM (16:00h) – so be there at 3:30PM (15:30h).
NOTE! If it is Friday, or the ocean is rough (highly exceptional), the speedboat will depart at 3PM (15:00h). Make sure to arrive at the boat around 2:30PM (14:30h).
STEP 5: Tell the boat crew you’re staying at Bliss and hand them your bags that will be put under deck. You won’t have access to these until your arrival on Dhigurah.
STEP 6: Take a seat and enjoy the ride! Duration: ~2 hours.
Sometimes the ocean is a mirror, mostly some waves, and rarely it might be rough.
- Airport – A possible stop within 5 minutes of departure from Male’
- Resort – An unlikely, but possible stop just before Dhangethi
- Dhangethi – A definite stop at around 1.5 hours (90 minutes) into your journey. This is a local island just before Dhigurah
- Dhigurah – The final stop – 10 minutes after departure from Dhangethi
STEP 7: Once you arrive on Dhigurah, our staff will be waiting at the harbor and take you to Bliss.
Pick a seat at the back of the boat, but note that the absolute last row is reserved for pregnant women, babies and elderly. The further in the back, the least bumpy your ride will be.
Pick a seat on the left side of the boat (facing the front). The majority of the time the right side of the boat will be in the sun and can heat up a lot. Beware that even if you love to sweat away in your seat, your neighbors might not and it would be expected of you to close the curtains. This will prevent sun, but also limit your view and the airflow coming through.
Questions or emergencies? Contact us!
WhatsApp / Viber / Call